[ Resume ]
Senior Software Engineer II
3/2016 → Present
- Led development effort for architectural changes in payment system for major application.
- Develop applications using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
Senior Software Engineer
9/2013 → 3/2016
- Developed and released multiple major and minor versions for Emergency Department Electronic Medical Records application.
- Developed biometrics authentication system for medical staff to authenticate with the EMR software.
- Developed an electronic prescription writer for submitting controlled and uncontrolled prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Developed a web-based medical imaging system integrated with the EMR.
- Designed and implemented various REST API components to access core functionality in the EMR system.
- Led migration effort of source control from Perforce to Git.
- Updated print module to support more printing features as well as fix several existing defects.
Antelope Valley Hospital
Senior Systems Analyst
7/2010 → 8/2013
- Developed corporate secure intranet and extranet and converted and migrated old functionality to the new system.
- Developed web services for enterprise information sharing between applications.
- Reverse engineered old code for several enterprise applications including a purchase order system, employee scheduling system, and clinical scheduling systems. Ported this old application code to newer code and added additional functionality that was needed.
- Developed interfaces and conversion modules for electrocardiogram monitoring system.
- Developed Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)-compliant storage and reporting system for the hospital’s Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) machine calibration and maintenance data.
- Provided technical consultation on radiology imaging system; repaired corrupted radiology image viewing system.
- Developed clinical applications for Emergency Room services to support tracking and reporting of nurse/patient ratios based on patient acuity levels.
- Developed Surgical Operating Room status system to track live surgical procedures.
- Developed Software Development Life Cycle and Configuration Management processes and implemented source control and repository for code and other development artifacts. As a part of the SDLC, I implemented standards for a development, test, and production environment logical progression. Prior to this, all testing was done in production. Now all new implementations are built in the development environment, tested in the test environment, and after acceptance is received from the stakeholders, the applications are published to production.
- Designed and implemented clustered data warehouse to support Online Analytic Processing (OLAP) for executive-level corporate decision making.
- Provided technical training for staff in systems design, database design and programming.
- Led development team and development direction for applications development, systems integration and data warehousing.
- Developed project plans with defined deliverables, and reported project status to executive-level staff.
4/2008 → 7/2010
- Maintained a secret security clearance.
- Provided software and systems engineering support to the Edwards Air Force Base community.
- Developed high-level and detailed business and technical requirements documentation.
- Engineered software for financial and military support.
- Acted as technical liaison to the Air Force Materiel Command—the Air Force’s science and materials research center.
- Ensured that initial software designs and the final product met the customer's requirements.
- Wrote release documentation describing the deployment and maintenance of software and systems.
- Wrote documentation for and designed, developed, modified, tested, installed, and implemented software designs, network configurations, and server configurations.
- Configured and administered custom virtualized systems and distributed clusters using VMWare and various database technologies.
- Integrated SharePoint and BMC Remedy systems.
- Developed and documented system and network backup strategies and implemented them.
- Helped develop project ROMs and schedules with task leads.